Sunday, May 29, 2011

Growth Chart

There are some things I am seeing now that I wish I had done with Nathan.
Like a grow chart,
 I wish I had his growth charted on something cute.
A reminder of how small he once was and how fast he is changing.
My parents have one for him, but we have not been very good about keeping up with it.
I think when I go back to the doctor I'm going to ask for his charts printed.
So I can atleast fake like I did it all along!
With Sydney I'm starting at 5 months so a little late,
but hey better late than never!

I have been seeing lots of "rule" style growth charts out there lately, and I love the idea!
It's not written on the wall so moving or painting is not a conern.
And it's a gaint rule...super cute!
Pottery Barn is selling them...
 of course Pottery Barn is a little out of this DIY girls budget!
Instead I sent Alex and Nathan to Lowes for a 1x6 board.
After a little sanding and staining,
I busted out a tape measure and a straight edge.
I maked every inch and foot for 6 feet.
Add some number
voila...
a growth chart ruler
for under $5!



I think this would make a great baby shower gift!
I'd love to have an excuse to make more!
It was a fast easy project.
I love the instant gratification projects!
If it weren't so akward to ship I'm sell em on etsy!
 Do you love it as much as I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment