Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sydneys Room Tour

Sydneys fabric:
I wasn't really in love with any of the bed sets out there for girls,
and the ones I did love where way too over priced.
So I decided to go to the fabric district in LA with my aunt to look for fabric for Sydney.
I went up there totally open minded.
I had no clue what I wanted or what directions I wanted to go.
All I knew was that I didn't want a pink room!
The walls of her room where chocolate brown,
but paint was something the hubby said he would change if I wanted.

I came back with this as the main prints for her room.
It set the tone!
I loved it!
It had so many colors in it and was so sweet,
yet something I felt she could grow with.



it is Dena Designs Leanika Love Birds Collection

The pictures don't do it justice!
The colors are so vivid, the print it so sweet, 
I LOVE it!
I also got this one that I have not used yet...
maybe for bedding when she gets a big girl bed!


It worked well because it had pinks (which Alex wanted),
blue my favorite color,
browns so we wont have to paint
and then they other colors would give me wiggle room with decor and accents!
It was prefect!

I made her curtains with the top pictured print.
Since it was a vertical print it was easy to work with!
I lined it with "white black out lining" that I picked up at JoAnns.
It was pretty simply to do after I watched a few tutorials on You Tube!

Then we picked up these leaf curtain rods  on clearacne at Lowes to tie it all in!
It's the little details that make a room!


She has two windows which allows a lot of the fabrics print to show.
I sewed them just longer than the window,
although I like the look of floor length it is just not practical for a kids room.





Next room post is the coordinating bedding, stay tuned!!
It is also made my me with coordinating fabrics I got in LA that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment