Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My Birthday Cake in...October!

So yeah I'm a little late with this post!
But when I get writers block I scroll thur picture's on my computer looking for inspiration,
 today I came a crossed all the picture from mine and Nathans birthdays.
Which I never shared, because well I'm a slacker!
So... today I thought I would share the cake I made for my birthday.
 I know, I know you're sitting there thinking,
"Wait, you made your own birthday cake? "
Well, yes I did!
My mom made me a wonderful dinner and I offered to bring dessert.
I had seen a cake recipe that I wanted to try out!
 I of course can't seem to find the site now,
so I'll just explain it.
But this was from another site, sorry!

Ok it was super easy with great results! I'll for sure do it again next strawberry season!

You'll need:
1 White Cake Mix box
1 Red Velvet Cake Mix box
2 cups chopped strawberries
1 large container Cool Whip


You just bake a white cake mix in two 8 inch rounds and a red velvet cake mix in 2 eight inch rounds. Allow to cool, then layer every other using cool whip and chopped strawberries between each layer. Then take the cool whip and frost the whole cake! Decorate as you desire! Super easy! Super yummy!






**I added 4 kabob sticks to the center of  my cake for stability on the drive up to my parents house!

No comments:

Post a Comment