Monday, February 6, 2012

Momma Lessons...

Sometimes, okay most of the time being a mom is the hardest thing I'll ever do.
And I'm going to be doing it for the rest of my life...awesome.
But really it is awesome, the good out ways the bad easily. But there are bad days and those bad days weigh on me like a brick. I want to always do the "right thing" but it's really hard to teach them that when I'm not even sure what I would have done in that situation.

Today Nathan was faced with a choice, a choice to be bullied or to do something about it. What a fussy line  bullying presents. You hear about it all the time, but it never really hit me until today how real and hard it is. I cried, I probably would have cried regardless of the outcome. Simple because I saw bullying. and parents not doing anything about it. How? How can you sit there and let that happen?

Nathan did what, honestly I think most kids in his position would have done. He was bigger then the bully and he let that be known. Not "the right" thing to do, as we do not hit. But he had tried using words, and then was trying to get to me. You got in his way, trying to be mean. Well you ended up in tears. Tough luck babe! Hope you learned!

But hitting is never okay. So I'm torn. Be bullied or stand up for yourself when you are trying to get away...

Have you experienced bullying yet? If so how was it handled?

1 comment:

  1. I hate when parents/teachers/caregivers don't pay attention. I was at the park with Lyla and this day care provider with more kids than legally allowed showed up at the park and was not watching them.. One little girl who was probably a year or so younger than Lyla punched her a few times! The chick never said a work to the kid.. I finally got tired of the situation and said LOUDLY to Lyla "we don't hit our friends do we??" and then left the park. But it sucks because we shouldn't have had to leave the park the day care person should've handled it.

    ReplyDelete