Sunday, March 4, 2012

Flower Power Shorts

I feel like since Sydney is so small she can pull off loud prints...maybe? Sorta? What do you think?

These shorts were a learning experience for sure! I wanted to shir the back, but as usual I can't for the life of me shir! I've watch you tube, read tutorials, tried and tried again it just doesn't ever work for me. So I resorted to sewing a piece of elastic it the back to give it the stretchable gathered look with a quilters cotton. It makes getting them on and off much easier! But the inside in not so slightly.

In usual fashion I traced a pair of her shorts, but they were a stretch fabric so I needed to account for that as mine was not. They are a little tight to get on, but fit well. Over all a good learn experience and I plan to make more once summer is here!




I also made her shirt, but was not pleased with the neck. The hole turned out too big for some reason. It is refashioned from one of my old shirts that was very stretchy, so I think that had something to do with the wonky neck line. Oh well you live and you learn! Sewing with knits is without a doubt always a learning experience! The shirt was headed for the Goodwill before I decided to cut it up, no love lost!

1 comment:

  1. It was GREAT seeing you n Sydney yesterday. she is a doll!! & I love the print shorts on her. She can def. pull it off!!

    ReplyDelete