Saturday, January 14, 2012

New Year, New Goals

I hate the term New Years Resolutions, it just seems like you're setting yourself up to fail. Everyone says things like 'I'm going to lose weight' or 'Get more organized' or whatever, yet how many people are still at it come September? But every year I think about them, about setting goals for myself and hoping that I actually stick to them. So like most I set a few goals for myself for this new year!

First, I want to be more laid back about the little things! I can admit that I am a bit uptight about things like dirt on my floor, or helping with the kids, or where dirty laundry should be placed. But in the grand scheme of things, why sweat the little stuff. Instead this year I'm going to do my best to go easier on my husband and kids about these things. I still expect them to be done, but when they aren't, or not done right I will be sweet about asking them to do it correctly.

Second, I want to sew more of my kids clothes! Sydney will be easy when it comes to this goal! It's Nathan that I am going to have to get a little more creative about! And now that I have confronted knits, and pattern drafting (post on that tomorrow) this should be a very do able goal!

Third, I'm not going to by any fabric until 50% of my stash is used! Now, if I need a very specific fabric for a certain project I will make an exception. But no more quilters cottons, until I have an entire empty cabinet! Period! My fabric hoarding is out of control and it must be contained!

Fourth, This is the most important, easily. I will set aside one on one time for each member of my family. I will pick them over sewing, blogging, Gossip Girl, or anything else that is really not as important as these precious moments that are flying by way too fast!

Now that my goals are written I am officially being held accountable my the blogging world! Did you set any goals for yourself? I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment