Monday, January 23, 2012

Sydney 3 button boots



These boots are my favorite project of the month. Easily! So stickin cute! I can't wait to make more, in different colors and fabrics!

Funny story about these particular ones. So I was at the GoodWill looking for fun stuff when I came a crossed this SWEET men's sports coat. Extra large, and in a brown and tan hounds tooth! I though to myself this thing is awesome why would anybody throw it out! One mans trash, another mans treasure!So I bring it home and Alex says 'That things is horrible, what are you doing with THAT'.  I thought about it again and still loved it! So I proceeded to tell him that I was going to make boots out of it! He thought I was crazy and that was the end of that! Not the first time, not going to be the last time!

So, anyway I bought this pattern during one of their sales for $1.50! Sweet! I would recommend it to any one who is about an intermediate sewer. It wasn't hard per say, but it was small so it required attention to detail and a lot of focus. The pattern itself was really well put together and easy to follow.

I made Sydney the 9-12 month size and they are a little to wide around her little leg. But that is to be expected with her! It came with an alternate front flap so I'll try that with the next pair!


No comments:

Post a Comment