Friday, March 25, 2011

Re-Vamped Lamp

I've been looking high and low for the right sized lamp for Sydneys room.
Not too big, not too small
just the right size for those midnight diaper changes and feedings
After months of searching I came acrossed this baby for $1.50 at the Salavation Army!
Sweet I'll take her! (I even picked up two other lamps that day, photos later)

(Yes I took this photos in the back of my car,
 I didn't want to waste any time the babies were sleeping gotta get crafty fast!)

She isn't much to look at, but I had a vision!
Spray paint always helps!
After a few coats of blue spray paint!

lookin better already!
Then I wasn't sure if I wanted to cover the shade in pink rosessets or eyelet lace...
Alex was the one who made the call, because I'm so indecisive!







I love the way it turned out!
 I'm thinking about adding a trim at the top, maybe blue or pink wrapped around and tied off with a bow???
Input please....

5 comments:

  1. It's totally cute! As for the trim, honestly I don't think it needs it, but I'd go for blue if you were going to do it. I used a tykelite for Greyson when I was still changing him in the middle of the night and feedings, it was perfect, though not as cute as your little lamp :)

    http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=tykelight&um=1&biw=1185&bih=607&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&wrapid=tlif130115301069810&ie=UTF-8&cid=5645972050992502604&sa=X&ei=BAWOTfmxLMmI0QGt2Z2nCw&ved=0CGoQ8wIwBA#

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so cute!! i've been looking for a way to fix up a really boring lamp shade that i have. i may just have to do something like this! thanks for the idea!

    btw, LOVE that dresser. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those came out really cute! I am visiting from Tatertots and Jello and I am a new follower!
    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice re-do! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete